Your bow hold
1. Flop your hand. Let your fingers relax and hang.
2. Raise. Slowly raise your hand.
3. Thumb. Bend your thumb.
4. Touch. Touch the first line on your middle finger and ring finger with your thumb.
5. Drop and flop. Drop baby finger on top and flop your index finger between your first line and second line on the index finger.
Where do I put my thumb on my bow?
1. Make a fist (with your thumb on the outside). Notice where your thumb is and where it touches your other fingers. This is the side of your thumb that will touch your bow.
2. Your thumb will touch both the wrapping on your bow (the leather wrapping) the wood that is in between the leather wrapping and just the corner of the frog. It will touch all three places on its corner.
3. Now bend your thumb. And place it on the wood, touch the leather and touch the frog.
4. Now flop your hand so that your middle and ring finger hang over the bow.
Touch the first line on your middle finger and ring finger with The bow stick.
5. Drop and flop. Drop baby finger on top and flop your index finger on the bow stick.
You are now ready to play the violin.
Bow hold for Violin in 5 easy steps.